Friday, May 31, 2013

Of Mexican Foods...

Steak Taco



My friend Kristina and I are sure enjoying our Mexican flavored tacos these days. We set out the fixings and each make our own version (how blest it is when sisters can live together
 peaceably ;-).
 
Here is what I have done for mine:




Take 1 heated whole grain corn tortilla
Add 1 handful mixed greens
Add 1 rounded T refried beans
Add 1 or 2 hefty squeezes lime
Add 1 T pico de gallo

Fold and enjoy!

At present, I am on a 2 week fast from grains and flours. So I'm enjoying "tortillaless" tacos:

Onto a plate pile:
Mexican Pulled Pork (Carnitas) Tacos with Corn-and-Red-Onion Salsa
shredded cabbage (this is so good with tacoes!)
refried beans
lime juice
pico de gallo
 
 
Mix and enjoy.
 
 
Sometimes my family also
likes this salad dressing
with their tacoes.
 
It used to be loaded with oil,
but I simply replaced it
with a potato,
and it's great.
 
Grandma Irene-Inspired Taco Salad Dressing
 
Into a blender place
 
1 large cooked potato, quartered
1/2 c water
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c sugar or a few medjool dates (pitted)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soy or tamari sauce
1 rounded T taco seasoning
(I do not buy any mix with MSG in it. I use McCormicks Taco Seasoning)
 
Blend well.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment or a question. I enjoy interacting with my readers.