Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Honey Roasted Chickpeas

roasted chickpea

I have been wanting to try this treat for awhile already and finally this afternoon, I gave it a whirl. Out of the many versions of roasted chickpeas there are to try, I went straight for the sweet one first. :-) It turned out to be a big success and I can't wait to use the leftovers on my salad.


Honey Roasted Chickpeas
 
Into a bowl place 1/2 c honey and the juice of 1 lime.
Add 2 T olive oil, a few shakes of chipotle pepper and salt.
 
Toss together and add 1 quart chickpeas
(rinsed and patted dry)
 
Toss the chickpeas to coat and spread evenly (in single layer)
onto a greased 9x13 baking sheet.
 
Bake in a 425* oven, shaking pan every 20 minutes or so
until chickpeas are brown and crispy on the outside
(about 45 minutes).
 
Cool and store leftovers in the fridge.
I am told that the 'crunchy' leaves in 48 hours.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment or a question. I enjoy interacting with my readers.