Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kickstart Your Health 4

black bean soup with avocado salsa



Breakfast
Green Smoothie
Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Muffin with Peanut or Almond Butter and Honey
 

Lunch

with Brown Rice
Veggies and Dip
of your choice
(ranch, hummus, etc; just keep it free of excess oil and dairy free)
Apple with almond butter

Dinner

Roasted Broccoli with Asian Sauce of Choice
Strawberry "Shortcake"
 
 
This is what I use for shortcake. It has no added sugar except from the chocolate:
 
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
 
Vegan banana chocolate chip muffin top
In a Vitamix or powerful blender place:
 
1 c pitted dates, roughly chopped
1 c plant-milk
1 c water
3 T Chia seed meal
(I grind ahead of time in my Vmix or Magic Bullet and freeze)
1 c mashed banana
1/2 c chocolate chips
 
Mix the following together in a mixing bowl:
 
2 c whole grain flour
(for GF use 1 c buckwheat flour, 1/2 c millet flour, 1/2 c tapioca starch)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/2 ground cinnamon
 
 
Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and mix.
 
Bake in muffin tins for 25-30 min at 350*.
I  usually make a double recipe and bake in a 9x13 pan
for 40 minutes or until done.


Tip:
Make enough soup to freeze for convenience food.
You can also serve the soup with a dollop of Almond Cream and garnish with cilantro.

3 comments:

  1. Marcia Zimmerman I have looked at several of your posts on healthy foods. I don't know if u ever shared one that is OK for me - I have a very low kidney function & that diet is so different than what most people think of when u talk about eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your kidney function. How do you need to eat to keep well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of this kind of eating is that plant foods have the nutrition that our bodies need to support good health and prevent/reverse disease. The doctors I know who are teaching this have helped millions of people to reverse diseases. I personally have been really blessed by eating this way.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment or a question. I enjoy interacting with my readers.