Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Of Autumn and Caramel Pudding...



Since my plant-based journey has begun, I have wondered how to replace my mom's delightful caramel pudding recipe. I tried using almond milk but it just separated as I boiled it. Plus it is full of sugar and butter, so I knew that I needed to lay that recipe aside for now.
Well, until now. I am so stoked that I just had to share this with you. I now have a caramel pudding recipe that rivals my mom's dairy-filled one! It's smooth. It's creamy. It's delicious!

Originally, I browned a little butter to carmelize the sugar,
 but I don't think it's necessary and for true McDougall/Fuhrman followers, 
this step is out.

So here's the recipe:

Aunt Cia's Caramel Pudding

1 block any firmness Silken Tofu
1 or 2 T molasses
1/3 c raw sugar or maple syrup
1 pinch salt
1 T vanilla extract
2 cups plant milk
2 T browned butter, optional

Blend til smooth. It may be thinner than pudding consistency after mixing, but refrigerate for a few hours, and it becomes this spoonable, delectable dessert.

Use it to dip apples...
or mix in a few bananas and a crumbled graham cracker...
or top a black bean brownie with it...

The possibilities are many.

I hope you try it and it delights your tastebuds like it has mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment or a question. I enjoy interacting with my readers.