Friday, January 24, 2014

Cauliflower Bites Two Ways...

Oh my, why have I not known about these things before?! They are yummy!



 
BBQ Cauliflower Bites
 
inspired by a recipe I had seen a few weeks ago,
I decided to give this a whirl:
 
1 head cauliflower,
broken into bite sized pieces
 
(click on the link for the recipe I used)
 
Put cauliflower bites into a large bowl.
Toss them with the bbq sauce.
 
Lightly spray a jellyroll pan or a pyrex pan
and spread the bites evenly onto it.
 
Bake at 350 til done, about 45 min.
Shake every 15 min or so to prevent burning.
 
Enjoy!
 
A funny side note:
While I was spreading these on the pan,
my hardworking Farmer came through
the kitchen and saw them.

He wanted to know if I was going to
try to pass these off as
boneless bbq chicken wings
from Wal-Mart!
 
I assured him that no,
I am calling them by their
rightful name!
 
I think they deserve that!
 
Another way we like to eat cauliflower bites,
is the following recipe, thanks to my
little sister Kristina.
 
Ranchy Cauliflower Bites
 
Steam bite sized pieces of cauliflower til tender but not mush.
Toss with Ranch Dressing
(plant strong recipe below)
and layer on pan.
Sprinkle with whole grain panko or regular
seasoned bread crumbs.
 
(or season them yourself)
 
Bake at 400* til a bit browned.
 
 
Plant Strong Ranch Dressing
 
1 inch sprouted tofu
1 T dried onion
1 t salt
1/2 black pepper
1 T dried dill weed
1 T dried parsley
1/4 c vinegar
milk to desired thinness
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment or a question. I enjoy interacting with my readers.