Friday, January 31, 2014

Another Green Smoothie...


Hi every one, how are we all doing? 
I am doing well, for the most part. 
I said 'yes' to some dairy and sugar
and it is not sitting too well with me,
and is causing serious addictions!
(blog post about addictions coming some day...)
 but other than that, we are enjoying no flu's and no colds, etc. 
The winter is very cold this year here in the Fingerlakes, 
and I confess I am looking forward to this:


Crocus


and this:

Apple Blossoms


and this:

Vegetable Garden Growing

but for now, 
I am enjoying the cozy warmth of the fire on the hearth

Here is a smoothie I recently made,
and the whole family loves it.
Hope you enjoy it, too:

Strawberry

Coconut Strawberry Smoothie

This recipe makes a Vitamix
2 quart jar full, so if you 
only have a regular blender, try
cutting the recipe in half

Into a Vitamix, place
1 can full fat, unsweetened, organic coconut milk
(I like Thai Kitchen the best)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. sugar
(I have not tried dates yet, but I 
mean to do that for a whole food sweetener)
Blend well.
Fill blender jar with baby spinach leaves.
Blend smooth.
Add 3 or 4 cups frozen strawberries.
Blend smooth.
Enjoy!

Brown Flax Seeds

I also added 1 T ground flax and chia seeds to mine 
when i ground.milk, vanilla and sugar.
I grind my own in flax and chia in the vitamix
and put the mix into a ziploc and into the freezer
to keep them fresh and handy for baking (egg replacer)
and smoothies.

Read the health benefits of flax here.
Read the health benefits of chia here.

On the weight loss front, I was pleased to discover that I 
am down 17 lb. since last January.
Slow and steady is winning the race for me!

I am enjoying salads,
smoothies,
many cooked plant foods,
and look forward to making this recipe
for part of my supper tonite.

I am enjoying shredded sweet potatoes
'unfried' in my lovely
Princess House pan these days, too.
No fat needed to 'fry' them.

The key things that work for me are:
1. Eat for health. Do not make weightloss your
ultimate goal.
2. Eat only when hungry .
 3. Exercise doesn't have to be crazy.
15 minutes a day of something that 
strengthens muscles or gives the heart a good workout
is better than nothing, and for me, 
better often than an hour.

Here's hoping you all have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment or a question. I enjoy interacting with my readers.